Linkedin A similar agreement was reached in recent months with the New Mexico attorney general’s office, consumer advocates and others in New Mexico. It’s now up to utility regulators in both states to approve the $1.6 billion project. Final decisions could come as early as March. Facebook 2.28.2018 No posts to display Xcel Energy on Tuesday announced the proposed deal with several parties in Texas, which would guarantee customers see a positive net benefit from the wind farms for the first 10 years of operation. The agreement also caps related construction costs that could be recovered through customer rates. Utility Reaches Agreement in Texas Over Proposed Wind Farms Avista considering RNG on way to net-zero carbon goals ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico — A utility has reached an agreement with rural electric cooperatives and others as it looks for regulatory approval to build two massive wind farms along the Texas-New Mexico border. By chloecox – Plans by Xcel call for adding wind farms near Portales, New Mexico, and in Hale County, Texas, and purchasing more wind power from facilities owned by NextEra Energy Resources. Xcel estimates the steps would result in enough electricity to serve more than 440,000 homes. Xcel officials say the proposed wind farms would take advantage of what has become the least expensive generating resource in the region to reduce fuel costs and ultimately save customers money on their monthly bills. Voith Hydro supplying pumped storage equipment to pair with Idaho combined solar-wind project Wind turbines already dot the plains, from central New Mexico to the Texas Panhandle, and Texas leads the nation by far when it comes to installed wind-power capacity. While renewable-energy advocates have supported plans to install more turbines in eastern New Mexico, examiners with the state Public Regulation Commission have been careful to consider the financial effects on customer rates. Analysts with the U.S. Energy Information Administration predicted earlier this year that wind power is expected to surpass hydroelectric power as the largest renewable electricity generation source. That is based on weather patterns as well as the expectation of new wind farms coming online in 2018 and 2019. Previous articleDelta Energy Center Finishes Repairs, Returns to OperationsNext articleRES to Build 50 MW Solar Project in West Texas chloecox For example, a hearing is planned in early March to consider a proposal that would allow Xcel to recover lost earnings that accumulate between the time when the wind farms actually come online and when the commission approves new rates for cost recovery and profits on the projects. Facebook By Susan Montoya Bryan, Associated Press Renewable project management firm Bradley acquired by Bureau Veritas Twitter Linkedin “We know these projects will deliver lower-cost electricity, protect the environment and stimulate local economic development,” David Hudson, Xcel’s New Mexico and Texas president, said in a statement. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR TAGSNextEra Xcel officials have warned that if rate proposals related to the wind farms are rejected by New Mexico regulators, the utility might have to abandon the project. RenewablesNew ProjectsWind Twitter
Share Tweet Dr. Kenneth Darroux, Minister for Health and EnvironmentThe designs of the New National Hospital which was in the construction phase before the passage of Hurricane Maria last September is being reviewed.This according to Minister for Health and Environment Dr. Kenneth Darroux who was speaking at a ceremony on Friday 16 February 2018, where he said both building plans and designs will be reviewed adding that hurricane Maria provided a clean slate for health care in Dominica.Dr. Darroux added that while the hospital was previously being built to withstand hurricanes, the passage of Maria has highlighted improvements that can be made.“So, as severe as Hurricane Maria was, we at the Ministry of health think that it provided a unique opportunity to start form what we call ground zero to chart a new vision for the new system and health care here in Dominica,” Dr. Darroux stated. Dr. Darroux went on to say that while the hospital was previously being built to withstand hurricanes, the passage of Maria has highlighted improvements that can be made.“Our flagship project, the new National Hospital, while it is on a standstill, it is not on standstill because of lack of funds or for any other reason, but that we have been invited, and of course kindly accepted the invitation, by our Chinese counterparts to sit back and review the scope of work for the project. not that the project was not being built to withstand hurricanes etc., but clearly Hurricane Maria would have opened our eyes a bit more as to how we are going to go forward with this project,” he noted.The Health Minister thanked the Chinese government for the opportunity to review the designs to ensure that the hospital fits into the government’s plans for the country. Share 347 Views no discussions Share HealthLocalNews Designs of New National Hospital being reviewed by: Dominica Vibes News – February 20, 2018 Sharing is caring!
Nottingham Forest Niki Mäenpää, Callum O’Dowda, Andreas Weimann, Nahki Wells Venue: The City Ground Tiago Silva (62′) Joe Lolley, Ryan Yates, Tiago Silva, Lewis Grabban KO: 6PM Substitutions Substitutions Goals Goals Bristol City Att: Ref: Darren Bond
LAS VEGAS (AP) — If Yaiza Rodriguez’s parents want to watch her play for Boise State, they have to wake up at odd hours to do so. Good thing for them the sophomore guard from Spain had a big game Friday.Rodriguez scored 18 points and fourth-seeded Boise State beat second-seeded New Mexico 66-60 to win the Mountain West title and earn an automatic NCAA berth.“It’s really hard to be here … I was thinking about my parents, that they cannot be here watching me,” said Rodriguez, who fell to the hardwood with mixed emotions immediately after the victory. “They need to wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning and watch my game online. (And) my friends, I want to call them, but they’re sleeping right now, so I don’t think I can do it.”Brooke Pahukoa added 16 points and five rebounds, and Miquelle Askew had 12 points for Boise State (22-10).“I thought Yaiza was terrific,” Boise State Gordy Presnell said. “She kept calling the same pick-and-roll over and over and over. Brooke has been all in. It’s been a great run. They’re Boise State believers, both of them, and we’re excited about the win.”Antiesha Brown led New Mexico (20-12) with a season-high 23 points. She scored 19 of the Lobos’ 38 second-half points.Boise State, which became just the second No. 4 seed to win the Mountain West title, opened the second half with a 16-9 run to take a 45-31 lead.Brown cut the Broncos’ lead to single digits by scoring five straight for the Lobos, converting a three-point play and later hitting two free throws with 6:59 left.Boise State built its lead back to 12, with 5:17 left, but New Mexico — which was 16 of 52 (30.8 percent) from the field — used a 7-0 spurt to cut it to five with 3:20 remaining. The Broncos held off New Mexico’s late charge by hitting 7 of 9 free throws, including three of four by Rodriguez.“Yaiza has done a nice job,” Presnell said. “She’s played so much basketball. The whole tournament atmosphere is a big deal to her. She’s played in three world championships and two European Championships for Spain. She’s really fired up when there’s any kind of tournament. If we were in a Thanksgiving tournament, she’d be fired up. She’s done a really nice job for us.”TIP-INSBoise State: The men’s team lost to Wyoming on Friday night night in the semifinals. Utah in 2008-09 was the last school to sweep the football and men’s and women’s basketball tournament championships.New Mexico: After a 1-7 start, the Lobos closed the season on a 19-5 run, including victories in five of their last six games.ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM: Pahukoa (MVP) and Rodriguez of Boise State; Brown of New Mexico; Alex Sheedy of Fresno State; and Rebecca Woodberry of San Jose State.UP NEXTBoise State: NCAA TournamentNew Mexico: Hopeful for an NIT bid or other postseason invite.
The International Esports Federation (IESF) has elected a new board at its General Meeting for the period from 2019 to 2022.The board includes six members, each from a different nation, with four continents represented.Photo credit: International Esports FederationRELATED: British Esports Association adds advisory board membersThe International Esports Federation, a South Korean-based non-profit organisation, was established in 2008. It includes 56 member nations, with Macau being the most recent to join in July 2016.The new board consists of the following members:– Colin Webster, President (South Africa)– Vlad Marinescu, Vice President (USA)– His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifah Al-Nahayan, Board (U.A.E)– Young Man Kim, Board (South Korea)– Ido Brosh, Board (Israel)– Boban Totovski, Board (Macedonia)Webster commented on the development in a release: “This year’s board are full of leaders in their own right with a proven track record. His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifah Al-Nahayan, Young Man Kim and Vlad Marinescu have [history] in sports and specifically esports administration.“We are extremely grateful to have His Highness Sheikh Sultan, who is already into his fifth term as a President of an Asian Sports federation. Vlad, former Director General of GAISF (formerly known as SportAccord) and the father of esports, Mr. Young Man Kim provides both wisdom and insight that adds immeasurable value.”The federation’s news was accompanied by a statement that its elections demonstrated “that it is the only body to truly represent the entire esports community (athletes, organizations, and publishers) through its democratic structures.”Today also marked the launch of the Global Esports Federation, a new body set up to govern the ecosystem, with Tencent announced as its founding global partner.Esports Insider says: The federation’s closing statement, while not mentioning the GEF directly, provides a tacit reminder of the differences between the two bodies. The new board will have its hands full if it is to continue to act as a unifying global presence across an industry increasingly subject to conflicting commercial interests.Join our Discord Server!
While everyone is talking about employee engagement and company culture, I would like to address the all-important use of sports references in the workplace. It’s what I know and what I love to do. Whether we like it or not, there are many parallels between the work place and sports. Both have teams, coaches, managers, strategy, rules, and role players, just to name a few. So if we want to get rid of the references, we got a lot of work to do. For example, have you ever been asked to find those “A players?” You have used every play in the book, but you have been striking out on your search. You have been thrown a few curve balls in the process by your hiring manager. Your boss has given you the two-minute warning before he calls on an outside search firm. Finally, you put on the full court press and, at the buzzer, you land that #1 draft pick. Or, you are the ultimate team player. You have mastered the blocking and tackling of your role and you are always called upon to lead off every major project. Each year, you are assigned the Super Bowl of all projects and you are part of the Dream Team. You never spend time in the penalty box and are always called upon on fourth down situations. When sacrifices are needed, you always take one for the team. You are cool in the pocket and know when to call a timeout when the going gets tough. These examples are obviously a little extreme, but I think you get my point. Whether we like them or not, our workplace is riddled with these references.Do you use a sports reference without knowing it? What’s the big deal anyway? Think about your last presentation or interaction. How many sports references did you use? See, you really do love sports references. So, if you are against ridding the workplace of all sports references, I challenge you to go a full day in the work place without using one. If so, I’ll give you a trophy.
Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Related Posts Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… klint finley Tags:#enterprise#mobile#news#Products After months of speculation, Research in Motion has official announced the BlackBerry Torch 9800 will be available on August 12. There are no surprises in the announcement, as the BlackBerry OS6 based slider has been extensively covered in the run-up to the announcement. The phone is expected to compete with the iPhone, but other than a physical keyboard and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support, this AT&T exclusive phone offers little to compete with the iPhone, which is cutting into RIM’s enterprise market share.While other manufacturers are offering handsets capable of video conferencing and augmented reality, RIM is struggling to compete with older model phones. The Torch has no front facing camera, and the compass necessary to support augmented reality apps isn’t expected to hit BlackBerry phones until the Storm 4 (and the Storm 3 isn’t even out yet). The Torch looks quite a bit like the Pre, Palm‘s failed attempt to compete with iPhone, which was released over a year ago.RIM has also had trouble abroad recently, with the UAE and India threatening to shut RIM’s e-mail service down. This could be a blessing in disguise, however. Following the beatingGoogle‘s Android took in the area of security (perhaps unfairly) last week at Black Hat, “so secure it’s banned in several countries” isn’t a bad pitch.However, with Cisco pushing mobile Android-based video conferencing and SAP dipping its toes into enterprise augmented reality, it’s hard not to think of the BlackBerry as yesterday’s mobile computing device. And with the iPhone is improving its security and rising quickly in the enterprise, RIM is going to have to do more to impress. 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now IT + Project Management: A Love Affair
A threat of a bomb explosion or a possible suicide attack on an Air India flight from Mumbai sparked an alert here with authorities beefing up security at the international airport.Airport Director A K C Nair told PTI that they received information from Kolkata that there is a threat to the AI flight on the Mumbai-Kochi sector on October 25 and Ahmedabad-Mumbai sector tonight.”There was a threat of bomb attack or bomb suicide attack,” he said.A high-level meeting was convened this morning by CISF DIG Anand Mohan, who arrived here from Chennai, to review the security at the airport.The Director of Airports Authority of India, Kolkata, had received an anonymous call last night stating that AI flights on the Ahmedabad-Mumbai and Mumbai-Kochi sector will be ‘sabotaged’, airport sources said.The information had been handed over to police and Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and as per their directions security has been tightened at the airport, the sources said.A Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad, Quick Response team, CISF and police are keeping a constant vigil at the airport.
The Ohio State men’s lacrosse team huddles before its 8-7 win over University of Massachusetts on Feb. 18. Credit: Courtesy of OSU AthleticsThe No. 9 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team found a way Sunday night against No. 11 Johns Hopkins, defeating the Blue Jays 13-9.The Buckeyes (10-2, 1-1 Big Ten) leading scorer was OSU sophomore attack Jack Jasinski with four goals. OSU senior midfielder Johnny Pearson and redshirt freshman Lukas Buckley added two goals apiece.“I think the men did a nice job of hunkering down on the offensive end,” said OSU coach Nick Myers. “We knew the goals were going to come for us eventually. I thought coach Ross did a good job with preparing the men this week and we were happy to come out with a win.”OSU trailed 5-3 after the first quarter, but the Buckeyes outscored Johns Hopkins 6-2 in the middle quarters to put them over the top.“During halftime coach told us we gotta settle down,” Jasinski said. “I ended putting the ball in the net a bunch of times.”The Buckeyes struck the first goal of the game in the first period. OSU midfielder Collin Chell made the first goal for the Buckeyes. Minutes later John Hopkins junior midfielder Joel Tinney scored his first goal of the day tying the game 1-1. With 8:13 remaining in the first quarter, John Hopkins Joel Tinney scored to put the Blue Jays back on top 2-1, but OSU midfielder John Withers answered just five seconds later tying the game at 2.In the first five minutes of the second quarter, OSU tacked on three goals — two with an extra man — which seemed to grab momentum along with a 6-5 lead. However, junior defender Brendan Barger and sophomore defender Matt Borges committed penalties in the later stages of the quarter and the Blue Jays took advantage of those opportunities with two goals. John Hopkins led 6-5 heading into the half.In total, there were six penalties committed in the quarter.“We felt like there was a sense of urgency,” Myers said. “We felt like we need to get back into this Big Ten race. I think the guys were pretty frustrated in how they did last weekend. And when we got back home we just got back to work.”In the third, that sense of urgency showed.Redshirt senior goalie Tom Carey came up with two crucial saves while senior attack Eric Fannell and Buckley provided the offense with three goals.OSU’s leading goal scorer freshman midfielder Tre LeClaire scored early in the fourth quarter, extending the Buckeyes lead to 10-7.After John Hopkins Shack Stanwick scored cut into the OSU lead, Jasinski netted two goals past Blue Jays goalie Brock Turnbaugh to seal the Buckeyes’ first Big Ten win of the season. The victory snapped a two game losing streak. Next week OSU will travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan, to play the Michigan Wolverines.
Ohio State students camp out in a tent outside Ohio Stadium on the night before the game against Michigan. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10 Ohio State Buckeyes faced off against Michigan on Nov. 24 in Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes won 62-39, improving their overall record to 11-1. Photos by Casey Cascaldo and Amal Saeed.