EDF’s Nam Theun 2 hydro plant commences generation

first_img Twitter EDF’s Nam Theun 2 hydro plant commences generation RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR EDF has said that Nam Theun 2 is a major project for the group in Southeast Asia and employed over 9000 people when the work was at its peak, 80 per cent of them from Laos. Mississippi Power cutting stakes in coal-fired, gas-fired stations to reduce excess MW, emissions The Nam Theun 2 power plant is equipped with four 250 MW turbines producing electricity for Thailand’s power network, and two 37 MW turbines producing electricity for Laos. 7.20.2009 Facebook The tests were conducted by EDF in co-ordination with the Nam Theun Power Company (NTPC), a 35 per cent subsidiary of EDF, and will continue until the power plant is finally brought on line, expected at the end of 2009. No posts to display The company has said that 95 per cent of the energy produced will therefore be exported to Thailand via a 138 km high voltage transmission line. The remaining 5 per cent will meet 20 per cent of Laos’s annual electricity needs. Vietnam: scaling back coal-fired plans toward gas, renewables center_img Voith Hydro supplying pumped storage equipment to pair with Idaho combined solar-wind project TAGSEDF Linkedin Facebook By chloecox – Twitter Previous articleAlstom set to improve UK engineering skills with new dedicated welding centreNext articleGdF Suez looks at Brazilian nuclear power market chloecox Linkedin 20 July 2009 – French state-controlled utility EDF has said that the Nam Theun 2 hydroelectric power plant in Laos, built by EDF, has produced its first electricity during tests. CoalRenewablesHydroelectriclast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *